Saturday 19 May 2018

5 pieces to invest in this spring

Fashion is what you make of it, I love this statement because it is so true, be original, be YOU. Spring Fashion along with Summer Fashion are some of my favourite types of fashion. Over the years I have learnt to manage my wardrobe and invest in some pieces for all seasons. Often items in Fashion go out of trend but it doesn’t have to be that way, you can always re-purpose them. That is what I love about Fashion, everything does come back around into trend.
Living in the UK I know Spring can be warm but 90% of the time it is not, we used to it. Often I spent every 6 weeks doing an inventory of my wardrobe and what needs to go. It was during the recent clear out that’s when I realised I needed to invest into some Spring items. Here are 5 pieces to invest in this spring and I believe can be re-purposed too.

Spring 2018 hasn’t been what we are used to, it has rained and snowed more than any other year. But then lately it has been really lovely weather with great sunny spells everywhere. It has been lovely waking up to good weather, topping up on vitamin D and good feeling. When it is warm, somehow everything seems to just click into place and everything is fun again. Here are some pieces to invest in this spring whilst the warmer weather lasts.

1.High-Waisted Skinny Jeans

Skinny jeans are such a staple item in a woman’s closet, we all have that one pair we love. High-waisted not so much as even though I love them, they sometimes cut of my circulation of food. But still they are an essential item to own and I have snubbed a few recently to invest into this Spring. I often pair them up with cropped tops or basic tops which I tuck in.

2.Sunnies for life

I am currently in Zagreb where the sun is out daily and the weather is much warmer than the UK. With me I packed two pairs of sunnies just because and I am embracing them big time. I have 7 pairs of sunnies all over my home and car, I need sunnies for life. In the UK we are always prepared for that little bit of sun so we can all donne our sunnies and enjoy the weather. Sunnies are items to invest in this spring and look good all year round so long as its sunny enough.

3.Straw Bag

Straw bags are now in fashion for than ever, my mother owned a lot of straw bags when she was young. They are definitely back in fashion and being used in full force, making statement outfits. I am hoping to invest in one this Spring as they are such a staple and cute item.

4.Denim shorts

During warmer Spring and Summer I basically live in denim shorts, every Spring I purchase a new pair. It is such a versatile piece to invest in this spring, you will thank me later. It doesn’t matter much which colour or type, it is nice to have one and style it how you like. I often buy black, blue {many shades} and once dared a mustard one which I loved.

5.Fedora for days

When it comes to buying hats, I am a fedora kind of girl all the way and just love to style them. Fedoras are my favourite types of hats a woman can wear casually or with smart attire. It is one piece to invest in this spring and can be used throughout the year. Such a statement piece that adds elegance to an outfit but saves me on a bad hair day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HOW YOU SHOULD BE WEARING DENIM THIS SUMMER

It does not matter how old you are or what your style is like. Denim will always plays a dominate role in your wardrobe. A jacket, a pair ...